Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tom Waits- Closing Time


Yes, Closing Time, Tom Waits first album, is essential to most vinyl collections but if you don't have it, you can now buy it on 180 gram vinyl, hey, even if you do have it, it's worth it, about thirty bucks. I think I have every word mumbled, sung, uttered, or moaned by Tom, who is, if you ask me, the best storyteller ever. This album features the all too often covered '0l 55 (stop it already), Grapefruit Moon, I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You, Closing Time, and lots of other great tunes, each of them a story in itself. Don't play this at birthday parties, it inspires shoe-gazing and the selling of all ones worldly goods in order to hit the road and find ones self. If you're looking for the original, you can buy it used at any Amoeba store for mere dollars, I know this because I just checked. 

No comments: