Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Who- Who's Next


The coolest thing about Who's Next is that it's the soundtrack for virtually anything the way that excellent classic rock can often be. I remember driving through the country in an old car on a gloomy fall day, a guy I would never see again at the wheel, listening to "Won't Get Fooled Again" and thinking "I'm going to remember this moment forever." and I did. Back then I didn't pay much attention to Keith Moon's drumming or Pete Townshend's guitar playing as much as I did the song as a whole. Now I know better. Any drummer will tell you that Keith drummed  like no one else. Pete Townshend played guitar like no one else and the songs he wrote and the way Roger Daltry sang them resulted in some of  the most sublime Rock songs ever recorded. Behind Blue Eyes, Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again, and Going Mobile are my favorite cuts but I can air guitar my way ( yes, windmilling)  through this entire album, no problem. This album is s cinch to find on vinyl. I own three copies.

No comments: